Greetings & Happy Poia Bhaisak!
It gives me an immense pleasure once again to inform you that The 11* Amateur Invitational Tennis Championship, 2018″ will be held at the Darjeeling Gymkhana Club Tennis Courts, Darjeeling on and from the 20* to 22nd April 2018.
In this connection, please see attached the “Rules & Regulations” and the Program of the event. You are requested to send us your entry (ies) by Thursday, the 12eh of April 2018.
Kindly send your entry with details of the names of the players along with their date of birth. Please also ensure that your team reports at 7:00 a.m. of 19th April 2018 at the venue for ‘Drawl of Fixture’ which will be followed by the matches.
We are looking forward to see you with your tennis players. Thanking you, with regards.
Pemba Tamang Hony Secretary
|19/04/2018||3.00 P.M. – 5.00 P.M.||REGISTRATION||ADMINISTRATIVE BUILDING|
|20/04/2018||7:00 A.M.||REGISTRATION||TENNIS COURT|
|20/04/2018||7:30 A.M.||TEAMS ASSEMBLE/ WELCOME/ INAUGURAL CEREMONY||TENNIS COURT|
|8:00 A.M. – 5:30
|21/04/2018||7:30 P.M. ON WARDS||OFFICIAL DINNER||BANQUET HALL|
|22/04/2018||8:00 A.M. – 12:00 NOON||FINAL MATCHES||TENNIS COURT|
|22/04/2018||12:30 P.M.-1:00 P.M.||PRIZE DISTRIBUTION CLOSING CEREMONY||TENNIS COURT|
RULES & REGULATIONS
- The names of the participating players should be furnished according to their Club’s Ranking positions to enable the Committee to seed the players while making the fixtures.
- There will be one Open Singles, one Open Doubles and one Veteran’s Singles & one Veteran’s Doubles (above 45 years) matches.
- Games will be played on knockout basis, as per the AITA rules.
- All matches will be played on the basis of 13, 15, 17 and 19 Committee to decide on the suggested format, as the tournament has to be completed by the forenoon of 22nd April 2018.
- No professional players would be entertained.
- (a) Participating Teams will have to make their own arrangements of conveyance and However, Breakfasts and lunches will be provided by DGC. (b) Possible assistance will be extended for making arrangement of lodging, if asked for in advance.
- Matches will start from 8:00 A.M. onwards.
- Last date of entry along with the participating players’ list to be submitted by the Thursday 12th of April 2018.
- All Veterans players have to submit proof of date of birth.
- Players are requested to be attired in proper tennis kits.
- Dress code for the Official Dinner – Formals or National Dress.
- Entry fees are Rs.1000/- (Rupees One thousand only) for Singles and Rs.2000/- (Rupees One Thousand and eight hundred only) for Doubles.